Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2014

Princess Half 2015!




Last year when I broke my heel after training for months for the Princess Half,  I have to say I was so disappointed. I know God has a reason for everything and that I was not supposed to run last year and even though all that training and planning was not a waste, the end still wasn't what I was hoping for or expecting.

Since then, I have kept up with running and even have ran a few 5k's ( once I started to heal up) but I had this nagging thought that I didn't finish what I started out to do. Run a half marathon. I even looked at signing up for a few half marathons but there is something in me that really really wants that first 13.1 to be at Disney  (My happy place!) I have just not had the motivation to run more than once or twice a week and even then a 2 mile run was all I would accomplish and at a slow pace.

This weekend, I posted a picture of this time last year on Facebook and how I was sad I didn't have that motivation to run right now and wished I had signed up in July for the Princess Half. My dad texted me and told me that he would pay my registration if I wanted to run! He knows I have been struggling to get back into the running grove and knew that the Princess Half in front of me would be the perfect motivation!

Soooooooooooo  ( Lord willing and NO jumping off bunk beds! ) I am running in the Disney World Princess Half February 22, 2015!  I am running with the team from Noah's Light Foundation. They are a charity that helps to fund research for pediatric brain cancer. I would LOVE it if you would go to my fundraising page and consider giving a donation to help me meet my goal. I will keep you up to date with all my training and fundraising progress on here, FB and Instagram.

Official Training starts TOMORROW! 9/30/14



No comments:

Post a Comment