Search This Blog

Sunday, January 12, 2014

My New Favorite Snack




I wanted to share with you all my new favorite snack! I read this article in Runner's World magazine about how sweet potatoes can help runners. Well, I am all about sweet potatoes...(especially in the form of fries)  :)

  So I started looking for ways to incorporate them with another new favorite super food,  Coconut Oil. (I buy mine at Trader Joes)

I am sure there are lots of recipes out there that are more technical, but here is what I do to make a super healthy yummy snack with just these two super healthy ingredients.

Peel one sweet potato and cube it into small bites.

Melt one teaspoon of coconut oil in a small cast iron skillet in a 400 degree oven. When oil is melted, take pan out of the oven ( be careful, it will be super hot!) , toss in the sweet potatoes and cook for about 25 min.

*Don't worry if they are a little soggy. They will crisp up a little more as they cool.

*Sprinkle with a little sea salt for some major sweet and salty yumminess .

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete