Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Favorite Fitness Apps

Hey guys! I wanted to share with you a couple of my favorite apps that I use everyday. If you have an iPhone and go to the app store to look at fitness apps, it is easy to get overwhelmed..there are a ton of them! Here are my favorite 2.

Map my run. 



I love it because it uses my GPS as I run to track where I am and the distance I go. It also records my splits per mile, over all pace and calories. I use the free version. The paid version is a monthly fee and will give you more bells and whistles, but I have found the free version to be just fine for me.
You can share your workout via email, twitter or Facebook when you are finished. It will even store your workouts for you. I also get a weekly and monthly email telling me my workouts in review.  My dad and I like to compare who has ran the most each month. ;)

They also will send fun emails like this was your 100th workout or 100th mile ran.... just little encouragements. Great app and probably the only reason I haven't broke down and bought a runners watch. (Even though I am DYING for this one!)



My Fitness Pal.



My fitness pal allows you to plug in your weight and desired weight and then how quickly you want to lose pounds and lets you know how many calories you should consume each day. It will also let you log in your cardio and strength training and will add those calories to your daily intake. You have "friends" that can see your progress ( as much or little as you want them to see) and encourage you. It is nice to read others diary's and see what food choices they are making to get ideas on meals and snacks. At the end of the day you finish logging and it will tell you how much you would weigh in 5 weeks if every day was like that day. I also like that there is a warning if you are eating to few calories. Gotta fuel that body in order to burn fat!

I have also linked my fitbit to the app and they will sync with each other. That isn't a really needed feature, but kinda cool.

So there ya go! My two favorite free fitness apps.

Jackie

QOTD :
( Question of the Day)
What are your favorite fitness apps to use?

No comments:

Post a Comment