Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2013

Micah:Birthday and Baptism

My Micah has had an exciting August! While he was at church camp in July he accepted Christ and made it clear from the get go that he needed to be baptized ASAP. So the next month Greg scheduled it for him. Greg has had the privilege of baptizing 4 of our 5 kids and let me tell you, it never gets old to see your children come to know Christ in a personal way and to grow in their faith. The same day, one of his little buddies from church, Tommy,  was baptized. It made it extra special that they were able to share the day together.








THEN it was birthday time! Micah really wanted a pool party with his friends and since my parents have a pool, we went on a road trip the week before his birthday. We took 9 kids to Va for an overnighter and they were all super fun to be with. We had burgers and a bonfire and 4 wheeling and swimming. Pretty cool birthday .











Then on Micah's actual birthday he requested Ethiopian food, so Mama cooked it! He received lots of card with cash in the mail and bought himself a new ipod touch which he has been wanting for a while now. 



I cant believe I now have 3 teenagers in my house. Ya'll, my grocery bill is out the roof! But I am so thankful for my sweet teens and that they love Jesus and each other so much. 



No comments:

Post a Comment