I was adopted from Ethiopia when I was 10 years old. I have been in America 2 years. Here are some things I have learned that might help you with coming to America and being a part of an American family.
1. Try lots of new food. More than one time because you might not like them the first time but might the second time. Like me with French fries
2. Respect and obey your parents and things go a lot easier for you.
3. Listen in church and learn about Jesus and heaven.
4. Take a shower even if you don't think you need one. It makes your mom happy.
5. Your parents will love you and will not send you back to Ethiopia even if the nannys told you they would. Don't be afraid of that. They love you even when you do wrong.
6. Learn to play lots of new sports. Basketball and baseball isn't as much fun as soccer but it is still fun to play.
7. Ask lots of questions if you don't understand and watch your brothers and sisters.. They will help you learn the rules.