Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

mommy date time

As I am preparing to leave for Ethiopia this week I am also trying to be aware of that fact that although we are over the moon excited for Micah and Sarah Faith to come home, our little family unit is in for some big changes! I decided that in the midst of making lists and packing suitcases, I would carve out a little one on one time with each of my kiddos, an afternoon to myself and one final date night with Greg on Friday ( our 16th anniversary! )
So Saturday, Abby and I got up at 6:30 and hit some fantastic yard sales! We were at our 3rd community sale by 9am! We finished it off with chick fil a biscuits, sweet tea and a quick trip to Target! Because of our yard sale finding focus, I forgot to take any pictures of us out..but believe me, we got ALOT of good stuff for CHEAP!

I decided Esther's night would be Monday night. She had her final dance class before summer break and afterwards she got to chose dinner out at her pick. She chose Chinese food, because her daddy does not like Chinese so we hardly ever go out and rarely do I cook it! Esther LOVES it though. She is so much fun to have as a dinner date. The randomness of our conversations are hilarious.
Essie enjoying her shrimp lo meinAnd her fortune cookie. I am just guessing one of the reason Chinese women are so skinny is because fortune cookies are their dessert, but it just didn't do it for us, so we had to go get us a little ice cream afterwards!! So much fun! Loved spending time with her alone.

I asked her if she was worried about the new kids coming and she said that she knew Micah would love her, she just was worried he wouldn't like her. I told her that I didnt know a single person that didn't like her. She is just that type of kid....so giving and tenderhearted , it is hard to not like her!

Such a blessing to spend this time with her. I think I am going to take Nate the Great to breakfast one day as that is his favorite meal of the day.


2 comments:

  1. Jackie,

    Hi there. I've just started reading your blog. I was looking for other moms who are homeschooling and adopting older children. We are adopting two older girls from Ch*na. We will also begin homeschooling this next school year with two of our other kids and our new daughters.

    I'd like to e-mail you after you've been home a little while and ask some questions. We have to travel before Nov. so we have a little while before we get our girls.

    I'll be praying for your family as you travel to get your newest kids. They are precious.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your two new daughters! Please feel free to email me anytime @ jsbmullis@gmail.com
    ~Jackie

    ReplyDelete